Pages

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Have you ever wondered...

what your life would be like if you had made different decisions? I often think about this question and contemplate what I would be doing if I had decided to go to a different college, chosen a different major, left the state, etc etc. In some ways, it kind of makes me think I am missing out on something. I read all the time about people from my grade school or even high school that are now living in LA, or DC or have gone on mission trips to Africa, its amazing. They all seemed like they have "lived"! Even G has lived in multiple cities and traveled to pretty much every state except Alaska. And me, the furthest I have lived from home was when I lived in Chicago for all of about 2 months. I loved the city, the vibrancy, but, it wasnt the right time to be there. And now I feel I have missed my chance to do that sort of stuff. I am kind of in the "settle down" mode. I dunno, its all a strange thing. Don't get me wrong, there are things I am glad I found, G for one. I guess maybe one day it will be the right time.. and maybe we will live someplace tropical. I just don't want regrets about this kind of stuff.

2 comments:

  1. I think that even if you had made different decisions you would still wonder what would have happened if I had stayed in KY or something like that. I mean what would've happened if you had missed that light and sat at a red one...any number of things could happen. I think this sometimes too, but I feel like I got the best case scenario, because I have never been happier.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Const. heeeere
    Don't feed that beast. You NEVER know. Thats part of what makes making a decision and Standing by it so important. Ive made myself miserable with it and realized a few years ago that like M said above, that would have contained just as many woulda coulda shoulda WHAT IFs.
    And Im coming to your tropical island. You could get the KY section of that sand nation off Dubai and we'll never have to leave the bluegrass! Ill get Maine. we can throw messages in a bottle to one another

    ReplyDelete