Pages

Monday, October 4, 2010

What's Happening Here

So I'm on it again. I am on a mission to loose some pounds. (Aren't all girls thought?? It's sad really) But honestly, I have slowly gained weight over the last several years, and I am sure it is mostly due to my metabolism slowing down with age. I am nearing that dreadful age of 30 and your body just isn't going to be what it was at 21. But none the less, the weight bugs me, especially on my 5'4" frame. And don't get me wrong, I am not over weight, I would just like to be happier about my body image (and my current clothes to fit better).

So as of last week I started weight watchers. I have done WW before a few years ago and was pretty successful, so that's what I have decided to do. And to keep myself on track, my wonderful sister S has decided to do it with me. Our ultimate goal is 10lbs by Xmas. That gives us 3 months. TOTALLY doable. WW can be hard, especially living with my hubby who out weighs me by 70 lbs and is a good 10" taller. (he needs a lot more calories, considering he is on his feet all day and I am in an office chair). Plus, another way to hold myself accountable is to track my progress on my blog. I am still figuring out how I want to do this though. Whether it's tracking my daily eats (which could get old really fast) or just doing a once a week post updates like I did at the beginning of the year with my 1/2 marathon training.

Another thing that is going on around here is my good friend, A has just become a beachbody coach. And since I have done P90X before I am enlisting her help in my fitness routine. I am just looking for some new ideas of how to keep up with my exercise. I am feeling REALLY lazy these days since we got back from vacation. I haven't ran or worked out once. I need to get on it. But in all honesty, I have been catching up with my home business and really haven't had time.

So, my blog will take a fitness/health turn with random postings about other events and happenings. I hope you stick around as I could use some encouragment through out my journey.

Welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment