Pages

Monday, October 18, 2010

New Feature!

I have decided to add a new feature to my blog. Every monday, there are going to be fitness and healthy living tips from my Beachbody Coach Andi. This will be "Andi's Healthy Advice".

Here is a little bit about Andi:

I'm Andi. I work as a Senior Media Buyer at an advertising agency. I'm also the lead singer in a rock band called Point1Zero, and it is a blast! I'm happily married to my super cute loving husband and have three amazing stepkids. In my spare time, I play competitive volleyball, coach my stepdaughter's volleyball team, write music, run, and oh...I love to buy shoes. :)



When it comes to fitness, I NEED to work out 4-5 times a week. If I skip too many days, I start to feel lazy and groggy. Exercising your body releases those natural endorphins that make you feel great! Staying fit and healthy is about so much more than just looking good. It's also about being able to get around and do the things you love for the rest of your life as well as feeling awesome about yourself from the inside out! You have one body in this lifetime, and it is your personal responsibility to take care of it if you are well and able. 


And her story:
Soon after turning 30 I began to realize that exercise alone wasn't cutting it anymore. Instead of maintaining I started gaining weight, because I wasn't eating right. I read a book about whipping yourself into shape back in Dec. 2007 that would forever change the way I eat. I was deeply affected by what I read in that book! I had my last steak on January 17, 2008 and never looked back. Since that date I haven't had a single bite of beef, pork, turkey, or chicken. I educated myself on all of the amazing veggie and soy products on the market and began incorporating more salads/fruits/vegetables into my diet. I was maintaining my weight at that point, but more importantly after a few months...I started to feel lighter and feel so much better overall. I still wasn't getting the toned body I wanted though, because I wasn't pushing myself physically. Then...in the summer of 2009, I was in a conversation in which the term "P90X" was introduced to me for the first time. My curiosity grew as they talked about people they knew that completed the program and how unbelievable they looked. I honestly thought I had reached an age where I was past my prime and had to accept I couldn't look the way I wanted. There were those stubborn 5+ pounds that would never go away. Well, P90X changed that dooming idea! After completing the program, I had lost 8 pounds and looked better than I did in my 20's! I truly believe in P90X, which is why I've become so interested in Beachbody as a company overall. They have amazing products that can change and improve people's lives, and I've decided I want to be a part of that! 

So please welcome Andi!!!

(Andi is not a trained professional, but gives her advice based on her personal experience through using P90X and other Beachbody programs. If you have any questions for her, please respond to these posts and she'll be sure to answer all your questions!)

No comments:

Post a Comment