Pages

Monday, March 1, 2010

Week 8 Update

I can't believe it, we have made it half way through our training schedule for the Derby Half Marathon. In some ways, it feels like it has taken forever, and then in some ways it feels like it has flown by. I am still VERY proud of my hubby G for taking this journey with me. It is completely hard, and sometimes ridiculous, but he has done an amazing job (and even dropped quite a bit of weight!). Here is what last weeks schedule looked like:

Monday: 5 miles - we did 5.5 since we got to run outside, it was great day!
Tuesday: 2 miles & Yoga X (I am not liking the Yoga X workout. Tony does WAY TO MANY freakin' downward dogs! I swear that is all you do for the 1st 45 min. I fast forwarded through some... oops! ;) )
Wednesday: 5 miles & Core Synergistics (I think this was another 5.5 since we did the same route as monday, only going the other way. It was also much coooolllldddeeerrrrrr this day)
Thursday: 3 miles & Kenpo X (on the treadmill, it was too cold)
Friday: was supposed to do X Stretch, but decided to push it back a day, and take the day off
Saturday: 9 MILES!!! & X Stretch (we ended up running part of the mini marathon route this morning, and basically went up hill for 4.5 miles and back down to complete the 9. It was bitterly cold and snowing. And while I didnt do as good as I wanted to - I was way too stuck in my head about it - I completed the route and was happy to be done.)
Sunday: nada.. just couldn't do it.

So I feel that I have to pick it up a little this week. I have slacked a little bit on the P90X. I have done all of the scheduled workouts, but I may have fast forwarded through some parts I really dont care for. oops! I need to "bring it" a little more and really get the benefit out of the DVDs. Plus, I am a little discouraged that I really havent dropped any pounds since starting all of this. It's disappointing but I guess I just need to keep truckin' along. I will have completed Phase 1 by the middle of this week and I plan on taking new pics and new measurements, so hopefully then I will see some sort of difference. I know there is a difference in my arms, and I think my butt is getting smaller, but we shall see if that is all true, probably thursday. I'll keep you posted.

Happy Monday!




No comments:

Post a Comment