Pages

Thursday, March 4, 2010

New Shoes!!

I had to go out and buy new running shoes today. G had bought me some back at the end of October because the ones previous to that were seriously worn out. He bought me a different brand than I had currently been wearing because the store was out of the "usual" brand and these were comperable. I have worn them since then but they havent been exactly right, and since beginning the training I have had blisters on my feet. Plus, the right shoe never seemed to fit right. And the final straw was after my run last night, I had developed a lovely blood blister. I like the shoes, but it was definitely time for new ones. So here are my new, shiney, VERY BRIGHT, running shoes!

I am not so thrilled with the coloring on them but you kind of don't get a choice when you are trying to find shoes that fit your feet correctly. And I am a very big supporter of the correct shoes for running. If I can give any tips from my running experience, it is to get shoes that are fitted to your feet.... spend the money.... they will last you and your feet, knees, ankles, hips and every other part of your leg will thank you for it!

And for those who are curious. I am an over pronator. Meaning, I roll my foot toward the inside. Therefore, I get extra support through the arch of my foot. My new shoes are Asics GT-2160 and I have been fitted for this style of shoe several different times.




1 comment:

  1. I think you mean GT2150! The 2160 isn't released until November 2010

    ReplyDelete