Pages

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Week 10 Update

Just 6 weeks left to go!
Another successful week has passed for us in our training. I can't express enough how impressed I am with G and myself for doing so well in our training and keeping on schedule. It will definitely help our half mile run at the end of this journey.
Here's how the week broke down:

Monday - 5 miles and Chest, Shoulders, Triceps & Ab Ripper

Tuesday
- 2 miles and Yoga X (I actually really tried to do the whole thing correctly! haha)

Wednesday
- 5 miles (so nice not to have a P90X after a long run)

Thursday
- 3 miles and Legs & Back/ Ab Ripper

Friday
- Kenpo X

Saturday
- 10 MILES!!!! We finished a little over 10.5 minutes miles, which for us is pretty fantastic. We only stopped and walked a couple times and it was no more than a few minutes. I ended up with some blisters and a sports bra burn, but nothing major! Feel really good about that run.

Sunday
- nada, too hung over from the St. Patrick's Parade festivities.

All in all, a GREAT week for us. This saturday we have our second race in the the Triple Crown. It is a 10K (6.2 miles). I am hoping, again, to beat my time of 1:02 of last year. Since my race partner R won't be doing this race, I am curious to see how I do on my own. Usually when I run, I am with someone and/or have a dog in tow. I wonder how much of a difference it will be when I am really left to my own ability. I hope I can keep up.

P.S. Sorry for not posting yesterday, it was a crazy day at the office. Happy Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment