Pages

Monday, January 18, 2010

Week 2 Update

Another week down and we are going strong! Again, G and I did not eat out one time last week. There was almost cheating on Friday because we didnt really feel like cooking, but we ending up to the grocery for some grub to cook because our food is quickly dimensioning in the cabinet. New things we made included spinach, sun-dried tomato and cheese stuffed pork, G made a pot roast, and I cooked salmon with spinach and goat cheese on friday. Nothing too exciting, but we are working on it.

I am still going on the "no sweets", although, I did have a few pieces of candy... it's just sitting in our cabinet and I couldnt help myself! oops! Also, I had one coke on saturday, but that's it! I still think that is pretty good. One soda for one week. I'm not going to fret over it.

G and I also had another great week training!! Completed all days and even ran a race on saturday. Actually, the race was a 5K (3.1 miles), but we had to do 4 miles to stay on schedule, so after we finished the race, we did a quick one more mile. Needless to say, we were definitely feeling the after effects! G and had never run so far since high school and was especially sore. It is always nice to have a day off (sunday) after a race, just to recuperate. So this week we will pick it up again, having another 4 miles today! Thankfully, the weather has warmed up and we are now able to go outside and run. Charlie dog will be happy about this too!!

And one more accomplishment for the week... I finally did all my P90X measurements, pictures and fit test last night!! whoo hoo. I am officially ready to start! I must say, I am not so happy about the pictures. UGH! Until I start to see change, I cannot make myself post them.. sorry! I dont know how things can go so down hill in 3 months! I mean, I looked back at pictures I took while doing the Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred, and then the pics I took last night, there is such a difference. Its frustrating. I dont know how "skinny" people do it. I try and try and it seems like every year, I am a little bigger than the year before. I hate it.

Sorry, little rant. I am going to start trying to be in a better mood. Everything seems to get me down lately, and it's definitely having an effect on others (aka G). I dont like it and I want to change it. But I know it's going to have to be a real conscious effort. I feel myself just becoming negative about everything and that's not how I want to live my life. So, sorry for the pessimism... I will work on that.



No comments:

Post a Comment