Pages

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

I did 2 things yesterday

I did two things last night when I got home from work...
1. Did my first ever P90X video
2. Ate chocolate chip cookies
So, one good thing and one bad thing. I came home from work all pumped up because I only had to run 1 mile for my mini marathon training. I immediately put my running clothes on and knocked out my mile. I have been wanting to start my P90X for a while now (I bought it forever ago), but havent started because a) I have procrastinated and b) I knew I was training for this mini marathon and had to figure out a way to fit it in without completely taking up all my free time. So, I have decided that I am going to do my P90X on the days where I have shorter miles, and on my cross train days in my running schedule. This puts me at about 3-4 days a week. There would be no way to do them both fully at the same time. But I think it will be a good introduction into the P90X program, and also help me with my running training as well. I am feeling good about this compromise and hope I can keep it up.

I am a little sore after my first work out, but not as sore as I expected to be. But then again, I was trying to follow along, having to watch the moves before starting. And my space was a little bit limited (I need to modify this). Once I get used to the routines and the techniques he uses, I think I will be much more sore. But I am happy I got through the first DVD. And man! does he do a lot of push-up type exercises!! My upper body isnt that strong, so I am definitely feeling it there. But, bring it on! I am ready!!

And yes, I had cookies. I just NEEDED them... haha. G was going to the store, and being the loving husband that he is, picked up some cookie dough for me by my request. I love that he is enabler sometimes. :) They were good, and I deserved them.. and I am not going to feel bad about them. But definitely back to healthy today.




1 comment:

  1. Congrats on your start with P90X! I'm on day 4 of my P90X workout journey (check it out at my blog, TREK2BEFIT.COM) ! Today is P90X Yoga X, and I'm really nervous about it!

    Are you a Beachbody Coach? I don't see anywhere on your site saying you are. Go to- http://trek2befit.com/become-a-beachbody-coach for more info. Feel free to contact me about it.

    ReplyDelete