Pages

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Help Me To My Goal!


As those who are frequent readers know, I have been training for the half marathon here in my city since the beginning of January. Well G came to me last week and suggested that we get involved more and raise money for the American Cancer Society. G and I have both been personally affected by cancer, my father and his mother, and we want to give back to the ongoing search for a cure. We have formed a team with
DetermiNation through the American Cancer Society and looking to raise $2500.

From my personal page:

As a member of the American Cancer Society DetermiNation endurance event program, I am dedicating my training and race participation to help the American Cancer save lives. The miles and months of training will be tough, but being a part of the DetermiNation program will give me the support and strength I need to endure. And, every mile I conquer will be more meaningful because I’m doing this for something greater – for a cause I truly believe in. And I’m hoping you’ll support me in my efforts.

Most of us have been touched by cancer in some way. This is my way of fighting back against a disease that has taken too much. When I cross that finish line, I will be doing it for you and for all the people we know who’ve been touched by this disease. More than 11 million Americans who have a history of cancer will celebrate another birthday this year. Please support me with a donation so that together, with the American Cancer Society, we can help save lives and create a world with less cancer and more birthdays

So if you would like to donate please go to : My Personal Page

Any amount is appreciated and much welcomed.



2 comments:

  1. I'm training for a half marathon in May! YOU CAN DO IT!! :)

    ReplyDelete