Pages

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

babies babies everywhere

Does anyone else feel like EVERYONE you know is pregnant?

I could name probably 15 different people right now that I know are with child (just found out about another one last night) It's amazing... and kind of creepy. I guess it's just my age, and the age of all my friends. I don't know, but I am definitely not at that stage yet. I don't think I am ready to take care of a life that is not my own! I don't feel like I am supposed to have a kid yet, didn't I just graduate from high school? Surely, I am not getting close to 30! It's not like a dog, that you can just leave to their own devices after the age of two, or put them in a crate if they are "bad".

And there is soo much stuff for babies too. I have been doing a lot of baby searches for various showers and what not, and there is probably more websites for babies than weddings! (and I thought the wedding stuff was overload). If anyone ever checks the history on my computer would probably think I was having that baby for as much stuff as I have looked up lately. And it's all so cute! I want to buy it all, just to give for gifts.

Still, it creeps me out. I don't know what to do or say when people tell me they are pregnant.."YAY! Congrats!"? It feels awkward, like they are still 15 and having one out of wedlock. I guess I just have to get over it and move on cause it's gonna happen.

2 comments:

  1. LOL...you absolutely crack me up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you.. alot my high school classmates and people i know all have kids or are pregnant. I do think children are a blessing but like u mentioned i can wait. I am still getting myself together and i think in my opinion the age of 30 years old is a good age to a child...my 20's are more so exploring.. I just graduated highschool like almost 3yrs ago so i know what you... Best wishes to all But I need to finish and graduate college first and then well see Later.... but i so get you...

    ReplyDelete