Pages

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Nesting...

I want to nest.

G has lived in our house for 3.5 years, and I have lived there 2.5 years. The only room that is "semi" done is our never used dining room. There is so much that I want to do with the house, but am currently in a limbo state of decorating.

See there is a chance we won't be there much longer. So I dont want to put in all this time, effort and money decorating a house that we will more than likely move out of. But I am definitely at that stage, where i want it to feel warm and cozy and not just a place we sleep in. Catch my drift?

I keep looking at furniture on the internet, and almost hit the "buy" button, but then remind myself, that it may not fit with in a new home (because or current place of residence is so awkward and furniture has to be bought specfically). And G asked me the other day why I hadn't printed out our wedding pictures and put them in frames.. I'm like HELLO! we have no shelves to put them on..

Needless to say I want to decorate our house in a more suitable fashion. I just hope I get to soon. But until then I'll just lust after the following...
Sloane Mahogany bookcases from Crate & Barrel

Pottery Barn type gallery wall... I LOVE this
Chloe Velvet Metro Living Chair from Macy's (in Ivory)  
And a bed that is off the floor.. PB

Amongst MANY other things.

1 comment:

  1. I'm having the same problem, if that's any consolation. I want to redo Sunshine's room, repaint the living room and dining room, new art for the kitchen, new window treatments for the living room and dining room.

    And I want to just gut my room and start over.

    None of which is going to happen any time soon!

    ReplyDelete