Pages

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Race Recap

Yes.. I ran on saturday in the last leg of the Triple Crown of Running here in town. This was a 10 mile race. Last year, my time was around 1:45. So this year, I was just hoping to beat 1:40. My training hasn't been all that great lately. I mean, I continue to run 3 days a week but my strength training and other cross training could be better. I have picked up doing hot yoga on tuesdays which I think is really helping... I just love to sweat out all the bad stuff.
Anyway!!
My official race time for the 10 miler was...
wait for it..

1:33:07!!!!

I was SUPER pumped about this. I wasn't sure how I was going to do. This was the third race I basically ran by myself. I even had to go out and get myself an iPod shuffle the night before. My pace has definitely picked up this year.. I think it is due to not "over" running. But this course has some major hills right smack dab in the middle of the race, and I totally felt myself slowing down through these hills. And my feet were in some serious pain, but I kept trucking along, and PR'd by like 12 minutes!! Woot Woot.

The next race April 30.. and it's the 1/2 marathon. I just gotta keep my training up and hopefully get some more strength training in.
before the race... I'm nice and blurry!!

1 comment:

  1. Just saw you on SkinnyRunner. Couldn't believe it when I recognized the Derby mini shirt from last year. It's pretty exciting to find a blogger in the same city who enjoys races! Although your "slow" times are faster than me! I did the 10k and 10 miler and am doing the Derby as well. :)

    ReplyDelete