Pages

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

HOT YOGA!!

Daily Workout: 
1:15 Hot Bikram Yoga

I have wanted to do hot yoga for a while and finally got up the nerve to go last week. I asked my running partner R to go with me and we prepared ourselves for class. Now it said to make sure you are properly hydrated, drinking lots of water through out the day and not to eat at least 3 hours prior to class. So, last thursday, I drank water all day and only ate lunch.

OH MY GOD!

I was definitely not prepared for class. I was dripping from the moment I walked in the room. Apparently it was "hot" that night (as said by regulars). I almost passed out a few times, totally saw stars and my hands started to tingle. I had to lay down and stop frequently. And crazy enough, I felt better doing some of the poses rather than just standing there. I find out when I am in there, that I should have hydrated the day before and not the day of.. and I should have had a snack around 3 (class was at 5:45). I felt better by the end of classes and made it out alive.

So, as to not admit defeat.. I went again!! ACK. (who am I?) I just felt that learning what I had learned AFTER the last class, I could better prepare myself for class tonight. I drank water and gatorade all day yesterday and today.. and had a snack today of graham crackers and peanut butter around 3:30. And I was MUCH more prepared for class tonight. I wasn't able to go through the whole class without stopping, but I did more than I did last thursday and wasnt' as dizzy. And I don't think the room was as hot.

Now I am thinking I want to do it once a week. I think it gets all the toxins out and really sweat, cause lord knows you do. And maybe also ad a regular ashtanga workout one other day a week.

I wish I had a picture of me to show you, but I felt a little silly taking a photo at class!

2 comments:

  1. Love hot yoga! I used to have a studio in NYC that I went to once a week, and did a lot of running the other days. It's a really great mix to lengthen your muscles, get the toxins out, and have a really good stretch. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you for going back! I've always wanted to try yoga in a class I've only done this at home. I think it would be a great learning experience!

    ReplyDelete