Pages

Monday, February 7, 2011

Run run run!!!

Can't remember if I mentioned (I think I did), I have decided to train and run the Derby 1/2 marathon again this year.

It will be my third time running and I am hoping (*cross my fingers*) that I PR. I have run 3 1/2's in the past 2 years, and basically had the same time every race (2:25... slow)

I hesitated on whether or not I wanted to do it again this year. I hadn't run since the Maui 1/2 marathon in September, and just didn't have the motivation to run. Plus, after Maui, my legs were really hurting. But, G told me was going to do it, so, being the wonderful wife that I am (!) I gave in and signed up.

I also decided that I was not going to do the same training program I had done for the past 2 years. Basically, it was 5 days a week of running (M, T, W, Th, S), with Saturday being the long runs. It's just a LOT of running. I don't enjoy running enough to run that many days. And it was 16 weeks! Just tooo much. So, I found a 12 week schedule that has 3 mandatory run days, with another optional day, plus strength and cross training days. I think this will suit my needs MUCH better. I still want to be able to do strength training to be able to keep the muscles I have developed, and to continue to burn fat. So I think I am going to do some P90X vids for my CT and strength.

But today was DAY 1!!!!!
It was cold (34 degrees), wet and snowy!! But we did it, 3 Miles. Even with walking a bit, we finished in 30:53. I am happy about that on our first day. I was a little worried since I hadn't run at ALL since Maui, but suprisingly did OK.

Tomorrow is 2 miles OR cross training. I can't decide what I am going to do yet. Maybe CT so I can get an hour of sweat in.

1 comment:

  1. Noooo! That training plan was too much! Definitely stick with three days, I usually run Tuesday, Thursday, long runs Saturday, and then a short (1-2 mile) run on Sundays. If you are running 5 days a week, it will burn you out.

    ReplyDelete