Pages

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Detox, Organics and Diets.. Oh my

So, I read a lot of blogs about people living these supreme healthy lifestyles. They eat the right thing, do the right work outs and are or have already seen amazing results and I just can't help but to be totally jealous of them. It makes me want to do extreme things, but alas, I guess I am to set in my ways.

I would love to be a person that can choose a salad over a cheeseburger, who would rather have a carrot than a cookie and could easily deny scaring down a whole plate of pasta. But sadly, I'm not that girl and I am completely envious of those who are.

I have gone on a detox/cleanse before. And strictly did it for the entire 10 days. It was hard and miserable and I was so happy when I could finally eat a piece of fried chicken again. (ever realize fried is one letter away from friend? coincidence? anyway...)

I have gone on a few diets, including weight watchers (which I think I did well on). And also cut out items for a period of time... no soda for a month, no french fries for a month... to see if anything "drastic" happened.

I have even tried to buy organic food, but that but that gets expensive.

I am pretty sure I know what to do. It's just a matter of doing it. And one of my biggest issues is feeding 2 people of completely different appetites. G works all day on his feet in the elements. I, on the other hand, work all day in an office staring at a computer. We have totally different needs when it comes to calorie intake and nutrition.

I just need some help. I would love for someone to come over and make my meals for 1 week, or give me a strict plan of meals to make myself. I want someone to really "teach" me what I am supposed to be doing. And how to make it feel like a lifestyle and not a "diet" or a "chore".

I dont know if anyone even reads this little ol blog, but I hope you do. And I hope you comment and give me some advice. This girl wants to be fit gosh dammit!

No comments:

Post a Comment