Pages

Friday, May 21, 2010

Best Potato Salad Ever?

We are having hotdogs and hamburgers today at work for lunch.. kind of a quasi cookout. So I opted to make something for the occasion. I decided on potato salad, because really, what goes better with h & h than potato salad?? I had origianally called my mom and my aunt for recipes but neither were home so I had to go digging. And found this recipe:

Best Potato Salad

Ingredients:
8 large Yukon gold potatoes
6 hard boiled eggs, chopped
1 lb. bacon diced in to large pieces
1 large white onion, chopped
2 cups of mayonnaise
1 cup. sour cream
3 tbsp. milk
2 cups. Shredded cheddar cheese
½ cup of goat cheese.

Directions:
Boil potatoes until tender and then let them cool down.
Cook the bacon and onions till the bacon is done and the onions are golden brown.
Drain the bacon drippings into a small mixing bowl and mix the milk mayo and sour cream with the drippings.
Ok now in a large bowl add the potatoes, eggs, the onion and bacon mixture and the dressing. Mix it all up till everything is coated.
Cover and chill for 3 hours.

My one issue with the directions though is where does the cheese come in!??! I added the shredded cheese later, but totally forgot the goat cheese, which was my favorite part of the whole thing!

I think it tastes pretty good.. we'll see what the office thinks.. Oh and btw, potato salad takes FOREVER to make! I thought it was going to be quick and easy.. not so much, try 2 hours!

(recipe courtesy of : easypotatosalad.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment