Pages

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Jeans


I was going to save this post for when I had more of a following and more commentors. But I guess today is as good as day as any.
There are a few pet peeves I have with the clothing world. The first and most stressful is JEANS! Jean shopping might possibly be the WORST experience in the world (followed closely by bra shopping). I know you know what I am talking about. You go to the store to find the perfect pair of jeans and wham! nothing is right. I feel like designers only make jeans for women who are 6' tall and weight 100 lbs. Sometimes it's the pockets; you can see the pocket lines. Sometimes, it's the butt pockets, too big, too small, to wide, not there! (heaven forbid, jeans should ALWAYS, ALWAYS have back pockets). Sometimes, it's the rise, too high, too low, etc. But the main concern is the length. Now, I am not a tall girl, a whoping 5'4", so when I try on all these designer jeans, they are always too long, some to the extent of 10"!!! I know what you will say, "but you can hem them, and reattach the original hem".. no no no no no my dear friends, this is a BAD idea. How do I know? because I have done it. Most of the time, unless buying straight jeans or skinny jeans, the bottom of the jean is wider. So, when you have to take them up 5+ inches, the original hem is larger in diameter than where you now want it placed.. causing the new hem to flip out on the bottom. When you first get it done, it doesnt look tooo bad, but after a few washes, it really starts to set in. It's horrible, and now you have ruined your jeans. And you obviously can't do a normal hem, because then people would know you "hem your jeans!!" Plus, if I am going to spend $200 on nice designer jeans, why should I have to pay an additional expense so they fit right!?! My answer?!?! Is a plea to the jean manufacturers: Please make jeans in lengths for women, the same way you do for men. I really dont see why this would be a problem or why it isnt done already. Not only would it be good for us shorties with our 29" inseam, but also for you taller ladies, that can't seem ones that are long enough to wear with your 4" stilettos! So please, let's find a way to fix this HORRIBLE problem. From a girl who would wear jeans and a white tshirt everyday if she could, this is a major issue.

:)

I think I need to send this in to a magazine.

2 comments:

  1. I agree...send it in to a magazine...5'2" is HORRIBLE...I have a friend who is 4'10", and she has an absolutely awful time finding pants...her only hope is capris because they fit her like regular jeans. CRAZY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. amen!!!
    i can never find jeans that fit. i used to find jeans at vanity (when they were still around) but now, its useless.
    im 5'7 with long legs and a short torso. its nearly impossible to find anything that isnt too short, something that doesnt resemble mom jeans, something that doesnt make me look like i have a saggy ass or something long enough to wear heels with.

    i just want it to be summer so i can wear dresses everyday....

    ReplyDelete