Pages

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Sobering words?

We've all done it. Gone out for a night of drinking and having fun, and inevitably something embarrassing happens. Now it could be something physical, like your butt showing out of your short dress when you are doing some serious dance moves (you know who you are ;) ). Or, it could be something verbal, mental thoughts that you usually reserve just for your own mind, when suddenly they come spilling out. This is what happens to me. I tend to say things, out loud, that are only for my ears! Why, why, why?! And this in turn, makes the person whom you are speaking to, extremely embarrassed and uncomfortable.
One thing that makes me feel better about the whole process, is hopefully these embarrassing words are spoken to those whom I can trust and who are great friends. And, in hoping that, I also hope that they don't take what I say to heart and can let it be a funny experience.
But then again, isn't the saying "A drunk mans words are a sober mans thoughts"?! I don't like that, but maybe its true.... sometimes.. not all the time.
But seriously, this is why I don't go out drinking like I used to. Bars used to be a place to go find cute boys, and drink till you had enough courage to say something... but now, since I have a cute boy (and am married to a cute boy), bars have a whole new meaning. And I don't really know how to act. It's weird and frustrating. I don't want to make an ass out of myself by saying or doing something retarded or inappropriate. I am way more self conscious now than I ever was back in the "glory days". It's kind of an odd phenomena. You would think one would be more worried about what they looked like and how they acted when trying to find a mate, not when they already have one!
I need to get over this. I need to let go and have fun. My husband sure thinks I do.

I just don't want to say something stupid. :(

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, this is definitely in your head a little too much...hehehehe...get out there and have fun, damn it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems that one of my body parts always get revealed when I am drinking....and I definitely have diarreah (sp?) of the mouth. We should just stay home and drink, there are too many things out in public that could distract us into saying things that we shouldn't have....OOPS! BLAH!

    ReplyDelete