Pages

Thursday, November 5, 2009

Better blog

I have recently discovered that I need more "meat" to my blogs. There is a lot of stuff I could talk about that would interest my readers more than "what's on my mind today". So, I am going to try my best to have more interesting/relevant topics for my readers. And more pictures too.
I love the idea of blogging, but my life is so hectic these days, I dont have the time I would like to put into blogging. (or maybe I'm not really a blogger). But there are tons of things out there to be inspired by to read.
I need to make a list. Lists are my life these days. And lists are tangible. I can check things off of lists. Even though my list is never complete, I do feel a sense of accomplishment when things are checked off.
So here are some tips I found about better blogging that I will share, and try to follow:

Briefly, some tips:

  1. Write to be helpful.
  2. Be brief.
  3. Tell a story.
  4. Connect others, if appropriate.
  5. Share. Often.
  6. Don’t overthink it. (It’s a blog, not a dissertation.)
  7. But be thoughtful.
  8. Don’t be mean.
  9. Publish often enough to build a relationship.
  10. But be mindful of your audience’s time.

No comments:

Post a Comment