Pages

Thursday, April 23, 2009

Mangia!


Tomorrow night I am throwing my first annual Spaghetti Party! My parents used to do this all the time when we were little in preparation for the Derby Mini Marathon that was always the next morning. My father used to run a lot, and actually has completed some 13 (or 17, cant remember exactly) mini marathons and 2 full marathons and therefore my mom would cook the famous family recipe for all of the runners and families. I have been training this year to run in my first ever mini (13.1 miles) and in honor, I am throwing myself a spaghetti party, to load up on carbs before the big race.

I never realized how much time actually went into preparation for such a small gathering (like 15 people). I made the sauce 2 nights ago. I have to make the homemade meatballs and the spaghetti tonight. Plus, get stuff for a salad, drinks and plates! And needless to say, the house needs some major cleaning before we even think to have people over. UGH. So I have much to do tonight. And somewhere along the line, I need to go run 3 miles. I hope I can get everything done.

No comments:

Post a Comment