1. What are your fitness/health goals? To lose weight? To have more energy? To stay young/live longer? To look good in a pair of jeans? To run a 5k+? Write down anything and everything that applies here. Be specific: to lose 10 pounds, 20? Energy to do what? etc...
2. How important is it to you to achieve these goals? Really important? Don't really care? If not, why?
3. Who are you wanting to please by achieving these goals? Yourself? Your significant other? Class reunion coming up...impress others?
4. How do you think you'd feel about yourself if you could reach your goals? Obviously, pretty dang good, but do you think it could make you a more positive person? Give you the confidence you want? Visualize yourself reaching those goals, and try to think about what it would mean to you and how you might feel...write those thoughts down.
5. Are your goals realistic? Being the weight you were in high school was fine when you were 17, but now that you're an adult...maybe not so healthy. So make sure you are setting your sights on an attainable target. Also, if "to lose x amount of pounds in 7 days" is your answer, keep in mind that fast weight loss is more likely to be gained back and then some.
6. What do you feel has held you back thus far in looking and/or feeling the way you want? Do you even believe you are capable of achieving what you want? Do you have bad habits you can't seem to break? Don't have the energy to exercise? You know what your vices are...what are they?
Create a goal, know it, and own it. Dedication and commitment...you must believe in yourself and your ability to achieve what you set your mind to, but you must commit in order to succeed. It also takes knowing what will work for you and your situation, and that is what I am wanting to help you with if you'll let me! If you're typically full of excuses, there are ways to modify a plan to work for your lifestyle. Again, I add that I am not a certified fitness expert, but I have educated myself and learned through experience and applying the advice I've been given by experts in the field. If you'd like to share your answers with me, feel free to send them to me. I may be able to "see" things you don't and help you get over the hurdle.
Please feel free to forward this e-mail to your friends/family who may be interested. Have an awesome week!
Do you want to know more about the healthiest meal of the day?
Visit my Shakeology site or contact me!